Amazing watch face. One of the best. My favorite now :)
Dislike the update and now the paid option items...
Can't easily work it to my preferences anymore. Don't even know how to disconnect the Issue line (which I normally had disconnected).
Thinking of remove it from my watch.
Sorry that you do not like the latest update.
1. With regards to the Issue line, I am not sure what you are referring to. If it is the ISS orbit, you can set the number of minutes of ISS orbit to 0. Otherwise, feel free to contact me via email or facebook, and I will be glad to assist you!
2. With regards to the preferences, the new system is actually much more powerful as you can literally customize each of the 13 fields with any combination of the 50+ datapoints available (more than 1000 combinations!). It's much better than the previous system of selecting among 5 choices for each of the 4 fields (20 combinations). I agree that it's a bit less user friendly, but a clear instruction manual is available at julienslab.com/codes - it just takes a few moments to understand how it works and configure it exactly how you like it.
3. With regards to the paid options, I'd like to explain my thought process, for your and other users benefit. My idea was always to keep this app free because I think it's a great tool to spread a little bit of science and space information. But there are two aspects that made me change my mind. First of all, I have been paying server hosting, weather service and stock service since I first published the app for all users. It's more than 1500 euros per year and increasing with the number of users. I think it's only fair that users pay for their own costs. Second, I've been working on this app for 500-1000 hours (which at programmer rate of $25/h would be more than 15,000 euros). Again, I intended to keep this app free. But I'm now doing flight training and the cost is massive, so I thought hopefully people who appreciate and use the app would be happy to contribute a tiny bit in retribution for the consequent effort I put into it. Making this program on a Garmin watchface was not easy. It required a lot of trial and error to fit all the program in the allowed memory and run in the allowed run time.
So thanks to everyone who helped!
Great features and a great app for world traveler but it's buggy. Weather service on top field not in view nor it can not be view on the bottom map line after inputting the codes. I purchased the prem
Thanks for your review.
1. Weather service requires your location
2. A red triangle is displayed on the map if the watchface knows your location
3. To get a location, follow these steps (https://julienslab.com/faq/#My_user_location_isnt_displayed_GPS_location_is_not_detected)
You emailed me directly after posting this review, and I responded to you.
I hope the information provided will solve your issue. If not, please email me again.
Thanks for the update! I notice 1.3.5 seems to have some issues going into the settings screen on Android when I first installed. It just hangs or takes a long time for the settings page to appear. But it works fine now so it's probably GC's problem since I was having trouble with GC website too.
Thanks for reporting. I have not experienced this myself. Please inform me by email should you experience it again and think it is something I can fix.
before you rate this awesome watchface with a star. you should take a closer look at the setting. The one wrong sign and it does not work right. This is not the mistake of the programmer but operat
Thanks for your review and message!
I would advise anyone having issues to check out the codes page (https://julienslab.com/codes) where I've recently added some examples to make it clearer. If that doesn't fix a potential issue, I'm available to help solve it, like I have done successfully with other users.
I am aware that the user settings system with codes is not the most user friendly, however, it is very powerful as it gives users the possibility to fully customize all fields, to levels never experienced before.
Best regards and thank you again,
Don’t work. The app crash when I try to sync the informations. I’ve installed several times and the result as the same: it crashes and the watch don’t show the app.
I am sorry to hear about this issue. I would like to discuss directly with you to understand the issue and fix it. It might be a bug in the watchface program, or a misuse of user setting. Feel free to contact me directly via email (contact developer link) or Facebook.
How to add steps to the screen?
To have best possible customization, there is a setting code system. It's not the most intuitive system, but it is very powerful and allows for deep customization. It is described here: https://julienslab.com/codes
For Steps, set the code 12 to any field of your choice.
This Watch face has it all. Almost. Only one thing I miss is the week number, that we use a lot here in Sweden...
Thanks a lot! I'll include week number in the next update.
DON'T BUY IT! After 2 days it crashed, no way to get it back. Developer doesn't even answer to messages.
I am very sorry to hear about this issue, I can imagine your frustration.
I'm happy to assist you with fixing any problem, and I do answer all messages. I'm not sure how you tried to contact me. There are two ways: Contact Developer button (via email) or via Facebook.
I just checked my email and Facebook messages again but couldn't find you. Maybe there has been a glitch when you sent the message?? Anyways, please try to contact me again and of course I'll help you solve issues like I did with other users.
H Vd Berg
This is a very nice whatchface. While using it, I noticed that the offset for the 2nd timezone can only be set at whole hours, but for India my offset should be +6:30.
Hi, Thanks for your comment. You can already set your offset as desired, by inputting "6.5". Best, Julien
The most sophisticated Garmin watch face right now and frankly, the best one. I recommend activating the paid version, the additional data are worth it. Customisations are so robust and well-thought-out, you can tell the amount of development that went it and get your money's worth. I also recommend visiting the developer's website and bookmarking the manual for settings.
Thanks a lot Diosa for your review!!
I'm really glad you like it and do let me know if you have any further ideas to improve it.
Love the new update thanks!