16. oktober 2020 | Različica 1.1.3 beta
As a former Polar user, I find this data field great. Running index is an excellent measure of running efficiency but unfortunately Garmin does not have anything of their own. But you can have it by using this brilliant data field!
23. september 2020 | Različica 1.0.5 beta
Great datafield, i like it very much, and it very quickly became one of my favorites to use! I additionally use the datafield "Heart Rate Stress Score" from the same developer. Because i find both datafields extremely useful in training, and due to Garmin limiting the number of CIQ fields to 2 on many devices, I'd love to have a combo datafield of these two. Maybe this can be a suggestion for a future development :)
16. avgust 2020 | Različica 1.0.5 beta
This is great. As a an original Polar user years ago, Running Index was key to monitoring my improvement in running efficiency.
This datafield does exactly that. Perfect.
As this index is sport specific, it would be great to see another for swimming or rowing etc.
26. maj 2020 | Različica 1.0.5 beta
Cool field. Never used polar before, but this seems similar to a vo2max calculation? Garmin Connect does graph the running index per run but not over time. If you use GoldenCheetah you can create a user metric and average the index for each day then graph from there.
27. maj 2020, Rider68
I was looking for that but apparently Garmin does not support such figures from customised values like the running index; sorry...
22. april 2020 | Različica 1.0.5 beta
Is it possible to get it on cycle works?
07. maj 2020, Rider68
Unfortunately the algorithm is not suitable for cycling, only for running.
14. april 2020 | Različica 1.0.5 beta
As already mentioned that's a killer addition to a Garmin watches for people coming from Polar ecosystem. And for me even absolute value being calculated here matches what Polar used to calculate for me - that's really awesome. So thanks so much for doing it, really appreciate!
And now I have 1 suggestion for improvement and 1 question.
1. I guess it might be helpful to add a note in the app's description that Running Index is being only calculated if corresponding "data field" was added to one of the activity's data pages. I.e. it's not enough to just install this app from here.
2. Is there a way to graph Running Index in Garmin Connect? In the app and even more importantly in Garmin's web-service. In the same way as in Polar Flow I may see how Running Index changes with time.
18. april 2020, Rider68
Many thanks for your feedback. I have updated the description accordingly. To my knowledge there is no way to graph Running Index in the same way as in Polar Flow for trending. I am also missing this but unfortunately this seems not to be supported by Garmin Connect!
15. februar 2020 | Različica 1.0.4
Thank you! What is the formula/expression for calculting RI? Just trying to understand how it can be improved.
20. februar 2020, Rider68
Here are some useful explanations for understanding the algorithm:
29. januar 2020 | Različica 1.0.4
I just installed it on vivoactive 4s, where it's gonna appear?
17. januar 2020 | Različica 1.0.4
I get no result with Treadmill profile.
I currently use Stryd and Polar H10 with Garmin Fenix 6.
Does this work only with GPS?
17. januar 2020, Rider68
Yes, it works only with GPS
27. september 2019 | Različica 1.0.4
Interesting, calculation seems to be quite correct
17. maj 2019 | Različica 1.0.2
Will this be available on the Forerunner 945 soon?
19. maj 2019, Rider68
Yes, an update is available, see Version 1.03.
29. marec 2019 | Različica 1.0.1
I come from Polar and I missed Running index !
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly on my F5X !