27. marec 2019 | Različica 3.11-upd2
Works great, pretty much as advertised.
For those who see their MPA stuck at 1200W, here are the steps that I had to take to get it to work sync after installing the data field and entering my Xert ID and password on an Edge 520.
1) Phone on, Garmin connect running,
2) Edge520 on, BT on and phone connected
3) Enable the data field in one of your activity profiles
4) Switch to a different profile and start an activity
5) Switch BACK to the profile with the MPA field, start an activity. You should see a yellow dot to the left of the MPA (Still at 1200 for now)
6) Make sure the activity is actually running not paused
7) Wait anywhere from 30" to a few minutes for the Garmin to connect to your phone for the settings
8) Dot should turn green and voila your MPA will now read what is seen in your Xert webpage
As far as how useful this is for racing. I think for wheel-to-wheel racing, it's kinda limited. At the effort levels when you're trying to jump on a break, bridge a gap or whatever, it's not like you have much of a choice how hard to go or for how long. You either need to establish a gap or close it. If that exhausts your MPA, well that's that.
I was hoping that it would show my MPA has refilled even though RPE didn't feel like I was recovered. But in any REAL road racing, you are rarely recovered once the attacks start until the race is over or you're dropped and sit up.
18. januar 2019 | Različica 3.11-upd2
Cant even add it to a datapage. Tried dif page layout, but nothing works
18. januar 2019, Xert-BaronBiosystems
Hey Nicolai. It's no different than any other Garmin datafield that you'd add to your activity profile. You can contact [email protected] if you are still having trouble.
21. oktober 2018 | Različica 3.11-upd2
I find this (and the other related data widgets from Xert) really helpful as they quantify the efforts you are making and guide you, not only for making improvements, but in recovery rides too.
If, like me, you find the setup problematic when upgrading to the latest versions try this really helpful guidance page at Xert:
Remember to turn on your device and start recording for a few minutes to get the fitness signature updates - can take a few minutes!
You need a device supporting ConnectIQ 2 to get auto signature updates each ride.
22. april 2018 | Različica 3.07
It was better old version without user name and passwort and with manual fitness signature updates. I stop to use it.
10. april 2018 | Različica 3.06
It works great! The auto-update saves a lot of hassle which is great. It really takes the garmin to a new level for training.
I'm still learning how to get the most out of the Xert Platform, but so far it replaces my trainerroad subscribtion during the summer time.
05. april 2018 | Različica 3.06
Great app just got a lot better with the signature auto update. Brilliant, thanks for this new feature!
19. marec 2018 | Različica 3.06
Latest app will not work with the Edge 1030 it appears it doesn't communicate with GCM to auto update the signature now I am just stuck with the default 1200 MPA.
19. marec 2018, Xert-BaronBiosystems
You may just need to start a recording to get the app to fetch the new values. It might take 5 minutes or so. If you happened to have done a hard reset on the 1030, it unfortunately may then take a few hours. Issue we let Garmin know about.
15. januar 2018 | Različica 2.3.0-upd
Wrong values concerning MPA ... on yesterday's ride I should have had at least three Breakthrough efforts (although MPA value decreased too fast in my opinion), my garmin 1000 showed even a breaktrough badge ... in the end on xertonline I had not even one.
may be a good approach, feels embryonic.
16. januar 2018, Xert-BaronBiosystems
Try configuring it with your Xert Code. It will correct the errors in MPA.
08. oktober 2017 | Različica 2.3.0
I love this app and everything that stands behind it!
I have two comments though:
1. The MPA field seems to have a wrong value. My MPA in xertonline is around 800, but the app on my Garmin has it as 1200... making it ineffective.
2. While I fully understand the math behind TrainingPeaks, Xert has a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. I tried to load "all" the xert apps into my Garmin 520, but then found that it is limited to 4 ConnectIQ fields, forcing me to choose some xert metrics over others. It would be great if Xert could provide a single app (datafield) that has all the relevant metrics, and have Garmin refer to it as a single ConnectIQ.
Nevertheless, very interesting approach to training!
09. oktober 2017, Xert-BaronBiosystems
Formatting a multi-datafield app for all the various screen sizes and activity profiles is the main challenge. We are considering a number of updates including what you're suggesting as well as a new apps with additional metrics, improved algorithms and reducing reliance on Garmin Express/Garmin Connect Mobile for configuration. Thank you for your comments.
19. julij 2017 | Različica 2.7-upd
Is this going to be available for the 935 anytime soon?
20. julij 2016 | Različica 0.4.3-e8
Genial para entrenamientos por potencia, información valiosa en combinación con la web
15. maj 2016 | Različica 0.4.3
GasDoc - email me directly through Cycling Center Dallas and I will walk you through setup. It's not Xert, it's Garmin.
Gabriele Tarsia Incuria
28. april 2016 | Različica 0.4.3
If I put my code, the app stop to work and stuck the possibility to add more app
31. marec 2016 | Različica 0.3.0
Okay - if there was ONE APP that could alter your training and testing and competitive nature forever, THIS IS IT! Used in conjunction with XertOnline, you'll be able to actually determine, in REAL TIME, your Maximum Power Available, and see JUST HOW MUCH JUICE you have left in your system, for any interval of time! Use for interval training, use in rallies, use in racing, all of it. THIS IS GOLD!