27 marca 2019
Works great, pretty much as advertised.
For those who see their MPA stuck at 1200W, here are the steps that I had to take to get it to work sync after installing the data field and entering my Xert ID and password on an Edge 520.
1) Phone on, Garmin connect running,
2) Edge520 on, BT on and phone connected
3) Enable the data field in one of your activity profiles
4) Switch to a different profile and start an activity
5) Switch BACK to the profile with the MPA field, start an activity. You should see a yellow dot to the left of the MPA (Still at 1200 for now)
6) Make sure the activity is actually running not paused
7) Wait anywhere from 30" to a few minutes for the Garmin to connect to your phone for the settings
8) Dot should turn green and voila your MPA will now read what is seen in your Xert webpage
As far as how useful this is for racing. I think for wheel-to-wheel racing, it's kinda limited. At the effort levels when you're trying to jump on a break, bridge a gap or whatever, it's not like you have much of a choice how hard to go or for how long. You either need to establish a gap or close it. If that exhausts your MPA, well that's that.
I was hoping that it would show my MPA has refilled even though RPE didn't feel like I was recovered. But in any REAL road racing, you are rarely recovered once the attacks start until the race is over or you're dropped and sit up.
18 stycznia 2019
Cant even add it to a datapage. Tried dif page layout, but nothing works
18 stycznia 2019, BaronBiosystems
Hey Nicolai. It's no different than any other Garmin datafield that you'd add to your activity profile. You can contact [email protected] if you are still having trouble.