30 aprile 2020 | Versione 1.50
There is room for dramatic improvements.
1) In the main screen, the number below the wave orientation should be the total distance covered. However, the unit should be in km, not mt. Also, it would be nice if the total distance covered appeared in the ‘end of session’ screen.
2) In the main screen, the current speed never appears, irrespectively of the type of activity I am doing (paddling, surfing). I tried to paddle several times looking at the watch, I had just one read that lasted for one second (tested it on 2 different watches). Also, it’s not really useful having an icon showing the type of activity in progress, for two reasons: firstly, because I know if I am paddling or swimming, but most importantly because this icon depends on a values that I arbitrarily gave before, so it doesn’t really recognize the type of activity. It would be instead useful having a paddle counter and paddling effectiveness value (number of paddles vs distance covered). This is of paramount importance.
3) It would be nice to read the time without needing to stop the activity in progress.
4) The app doesn’t detect all the waves and sometimes it detects waves when I am simply paddling. It would be nice to have the ability to control not just the minimum speed but also the minimum time/distance (distance threshold) for a wave to be detected.
5) In the option menu - speed unit, km/h-mph or knots can be selected. But it is km/h or mph? it can’t be both. In the wide screen menu, it would be nice to have some more explanation about the options ‘show speed, nb of surf, alternate(???)’. Show them where?
6) In garmin connect, the header contains no data. Everything is empty but the session time.
Wave detection and other data (paddling count, distance, output in Garmin connect) are more advanced and overall better in the free version on the Connect IQ Store, and this is a disappointment since I spent 16 AUD on this app. I am going back to the free app for now. I hope that my comments will help
18 marzo 2020 | Versione 1.50
I was really impressed by the support provided by Jean-Michel. Hats off to the developer. I asked about a feature for the app and it was added within a week, even in the face of a global meltdown!!
16 gennaio 2020 | Versione 1.48
I have to explain that before making the payment I have not read the explanations of the seller, which has created a confusion, which is my fault. The response by the seller has been perfect. So it
12 gennaio 2020 | Versione 1.48
Love this app. Awesome that someone put the effort into a surfing app for Garmin, and works really well. Loved seeing my speed stats, wave count and positioning during the session. Fair price too.
My only crit would be I think the sign up and payment method could be simplified.
28 novembre 2019 | Versione 1.47
Great app. Works really well. I have tried all the other surf apps available on ConnectIQ and this is definitely the best one available.
24 ottobre 2019 | Versione 1.46
You have to pay to start a session. Not nice.
16 ottobre 2019 | Versione 1.45
Really nice Application. Works perfectly on the fenix 6 and it shows all the data needed.
Jean-Michel is also very responsive.
Thanks for the Application!
17 ottobre 2019, Surfy66
Thanks Reto for your nice comment, I appreciate
5 ottobre 2019 | Versione 1.43
I'm thinking to buy this app. I want to know if it saves Gps tracking. For see later in a map. Thanks.
5 ottobre 2019, Surfy66
Hello Manuel, and thanks for your question. Yes, obviously, the track of your session is recorded and saved to the FIT file in order to be seen later in Garmin Connect
27 agosto 2019 | Versione 1.30
Awesome app. Read everything before purchasing and don't blame the developer for you being and idiot. I missed a few things myself but figured it out. Works great, awesome app, records heart rate too. Thank you!
JUAN CARLOS VAZQUEZ
23 agosto 2019 | Versione 1.30
It doesn't work in my Vivoactive 3 music. It doesn't save data of my surf session, just the activity time. I don't understand why I can read in the description that it's compatible. Garmin issue?
25 agosto 2019, Surfy66
Hello Juan. As explained in my email that was sent to you, the application works like a charm on all the models for which it was developed, the source code being identical for these groups of watches. So, if the code was defective, there would be many users who would complain about a faulty application, but that is not the case. As indicated in the email that I sent you, it seems that there is a technical defect with the Vivo 3 Music when recording / exporting a FIT file created by a third party application. You would be better off contacting Garmin about this rather than posting a comment here that will unfortunately not bring you any solution because, indeed, I can not be held responsible for a problem that seems to occur specifically on that some of that models, and for which I can not do anything ! Finally, as explained to you too, I have another user that use the Wind-Kite Surfing app, and like you, front the same issue each time he wants to save its session, the same common point, he owns a Vivo 3 Music ! How could I change a source code that works for 99.9% of watches ? Tell me...
António Maria Ferraz Leal Castelo-Branco
20 agosto 2019 | Versione 1.30
Hi. I have paid the app, how can I have full acess now? I did not get any code....
22 giugno 2019 | Versione 1.29
I purchased the app several several months ago now and tested quite a few sessions with my Fenix 5X. It great! it works perfectly and I love it! Really recommended! You'll love it!
Now we just need a cool app to show all the data and statistics and it would be amazing! Come on! ;-)
29 maggio 2019 | Versione 1.24
Bummer. I would buy this in a second, but dont have paypal :( You take facebook payment or any other payment options?
5 marzo 2019 | Versione 1.20
I installed this application in my garmin fenix 3 after having paid it previously and my garmin has not worked again I have damaged my fenix 3
6 marzo 2019, Surfy66
As said previously in an email sent to you, a third party app can absolutely not damage the hardware of a device (but it's up to you to think the contrary) and, if there were such "malicious code" inside the app, I think it would be the case for all the users of the app..., but it seems that it's not the case, except if I missed something. If such third-party app could irreparably damage a device, I do not think anyone would attempt to install such third-party applications on their devices, too much risky ! However, I refunded your money back to avoid to enter into a controversy that will serve no purpose.
27 febbraio 2019 | Versione 1.19
I downloaded and purchased the app over the last weekend, first Chance to check out the app today wednesday, and I must say it is everything that a premium app should be on a Premium device, very well worked out clear instructions and I believe a true reflection of my session, well done Jean, installation went off without a hitch and syncing from phone to Fenix5 was flawless, in my opinion very good value for money, I used the Sup surfing option.
24 dicembre 2018 | Versione 1.05
Won't do a thing, loaded it but just asks on my Fenix 5 if I wish to add to favourite or delete but no actual app opens
20 dicembre 2018 | Versione 1.00
très réactif, Jean Michel nous a sorti là une superbe appli !