8 de diciembre de 2018 | Versión 0.8.2
It helps me a lot when hiking in the mountains especially on foggy weather
26 de septiembre de 2018 | Versión 0.8.2
An excellent additional data field that integrates seamlessly with the Garmin activity software. Perhaps some of you - like me - prefer at-a-glance graphical information when running or biking to be displayed on your fitness watch. "Track" does the job:
* produces a trial on the watch as your workout progresses
* autoscale to ensure all the watch screen is used to the full
* the track colour changes with speed, providing motivation to keep it red if you're sprinting, or perhaps orange or yellow for a slower pace long run.
My main reason for buying this add-on was to prevent getting lost: although Garmin provide a 'back-to-start' function, it's really disappointing as you have to reset the start point for each run. This is easy to forget to do: when you're travelling and fancy a quick morning jog from the hotel, it's not nice to be told by Garmin's 'back-to-start' that your start point is a plane ride away! There are no such issues with "Track" - the start point for the workout in progress is always visible and the orientation always North up. If you're not sure which end of the line is the start and which is your current position, the latter is thoughtfully marked by a blue dot.
* simple to configure: just two options from IQ Connect when your phone is connected to a computer: black/white background & the option of showing pace or speed. The white background works better on my VivoActive.
* clear indication of your start and current position (unlike Garmin's confusing 'back-to-start')
* the pre-purchase free trial doesn't give you long enough to test it out: for me, it cut out after just 3 km, so not even long enough to see a complete trail. This might put some potential buyers off (...but trust me, it works!)
SUGGESTIONS for improvement
* The blue dot showing current location is difficult to see at a glance: it would be better if it were blinking
* Add a floating map scale in an unused area of the screen as the route develops.
25 de septiembre de 2017 | Versión 0.7-u-upd
It does what it should do. Nice app.
14 de septiembre de 2017 | Versión 0.7-u-upd
Really useful and very accurate. Makes a fun single data field to see progress around routes
8 de junio de 2017 | Versión 0.7-u
Makes internal Garmin Apps more useful. You need to know how to use Data Fields anyway. Got a good one here.
8 de marzo de 2017 | Versión 0.6
Perfecta aplicación, muy contento con ella