22. juli 2021 | Version 1.5.1
This app is excellent and solves the problem of getting my Concept2 rowing data into Garmin Connect automatically. However, there are two issues to be aware of:
1. The data from the Erg IQ app will not import into the main data fields in Garmin Connect. So, for example, the distance you row will not show up in the Distance field in Garmin Connect, and you’ll have to update it manually if you want Garmin Connect to reflect the distance you rowed. The same is true with all of the other fields (e.g., heart rate, stroke rate, etc.) I contacted the app developer, who explained to me that the problem is with the Garmin Connect website. Garmin Connect does not import data from Connect IQ apps into the main data fields. It populates the main data fields only with data from native Garmin apps, and stores and displays data from Connect IQ apps separately (at the bottom of the page under “Connect IQ”).
2. You have to be careful to pair the app with your PM5 just before you start rowing. It’s very easy for the app to become disconnected if the PM5 turns off, if you walk away from the rower, or if the app shuts off because your watch goes into low power mode. In that case, your row will not be reflected in the app and there’s no way to transfer it to Garmin Connect (but it will still be saved on the PM5 or your USB card).
13. juli 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Good app, but some over lap with auto detect activity in Connect app.
Can intensity minutes in Garmin Connect be updated? Right now even after a rigorous session, Intensity minutes is not updated.
1. juni 2021 | Version 1.5.1
It fills a gap that frankly I cannot explain to myself, it is so well made Garmin should buy it off from the developer and use it to port the pieces rowed on the C2 to the Connect Activities: the only downside is that, as far as I can tell, I need to re-start the activity for each piece I row on the Concept2, the result being that I often forget to do so after having a warm-up session. I know, it is just me being forgetful when rowing in the early morning, but after all the connections between phone and C2, HRM, it's just too much... It sucks to have the main rowing activity missing form your Load and Training Effect, after waking up early to satisfy my Fenix 6's crave for exercise...
30. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
With garmin fenix 6 solar i am not always able to connect. I simply cannot start sync to pm5. Once it connects all good.
I have to manualy add the distance for rowing.
26. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Great app. Invaluable for Concept2 owners. It's a bit difficult to go between different ergs. One major complaint is that when using the bikeerg, the distance reported to garmin is wildly off. Even a 5 minute ride will earn me a 100 mile ride badge. I look forward to seeing this fixed.
23. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Connecting the FR645 to the PM5 was easy. All data are displayed on the screen. Why 2 stars? The rowed distances were not stored/displayed neither on the FR nor in Garmin Connect. Please correct this and I will add some stars.
22. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Tried out your app but didn't really get it to work by using the Garmin wrist HR data. Turned on send HR data on the watch first, connected it with PM5, then started ErgIQ and it showed HR data. Then started KREW. Suddenly HR data stopped being displayed. Don't know what I did wrong. But now I found out that you can connect the PM5 to the Garmin using the native indoor rowing app. Garmin activity now includes all PM5 data plus calculates training load. For syncing to C2 logbook I use Krew. So I guess your app isn't needed anymore for Garmin watches having the native indoor rowing app on it.
21. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
App seems nice but I seem to be missing data for distance, yet on my wife's iPhone she can see it. I am using android phone so I can only assume there is a difference? PM5 connected to Forerunner 245 no problem
17. april 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Kind of work, but doesn't report basic metric like distance. Vivoactive4.
9. februar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
I like that this app syncs pretty effortlessly with my rower, however on the 30 minute workout, the app is not transferring the last lap data or totals to the Garmin for the IQ fields in Garmin Connect.
25. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Amazing app! Does exactly what I want and gives you loads of information in the IQ-fields. The only thing I want is another IQ-field that displays the tempo/500 meters during the activity in the Connect app.
22. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
What a great app! Seamlessly connects with PM5 with newest firmware, automatically saves the activity in the end, outputs lots of additional stats in CIQ fields such as distance per stroke, stroke length, even drag factor. It's a shame Garmin Connect won't use these natively, but this is not the fault of the developer anyway. Hope It gets resolved some day.
For those who use Connect to upload activities to Strava and the like - GC will only transfer SPM and heart rate, no CIQ fields unfortunately. To have all stats in Strava, use direct link from log.connect2.com with Strava.
Log.connect2.com could be used to upload rowing workouts directly to GC as well. But in this case you'll have less data and inaccurately calculated average HR / lower calories (my case).
22. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
I love this app, but I have one quick question and I will change my review to five stars when it's answered. Why is it that Distance is not saved to my Garmin connect profile and then passed on to my Strava account? Everything else is tracked and transferred over great but for some reason, I have to manually enter the total distance after the fact. Once I do this speed and everything is calculated. Love the heart rate and the training load calculation I just want to track my Meters rowed particularly on strava. Thanks!
20. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Good app. Works well to seamlessly synch my PM5 Concept rower to Fenix 6x Pro. Would be good if more of the data could come across to Connect (ie. Distance) but easy enough to manually enter that. Does it contribute to v02 max calculations?
14. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Works perfect with my Concept2/PM5
12. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Si connette con il PM5 ma risultano 0 metri totali alla fine dell’allenamento. Solo entrando nei dettagli si trovano i metri fatti e la media.
Sarebbe più bello vedere questi dettagli nell’anteprima, come in tutte le altre attività.
8. januar 2021 | Version 1.5.1
Non riesco a collegarlo con il PM5
23. december 2020 | Version 1.5.1
Fenix 6S; C2 Rower PM5 (latest firmware 12/20); HRM Pro.
Main use case is to capture intensity minutes, load, threshold in Garmin Connect. Does all of this perfectly on first try for multistage HIIT workout. Read and follow the directions in the manual.
15. november 2020 | Version 1.5.0
Décevant, application qui s'arrête en permanence et qui efface toutes ses données avant de ce connecter à Garmin. Bref décevant.
3. november 2020 | Version 1.5.0
Décevant la fréquence cardio ne s'affiche pas sur le pm5 même quand je mets la montre fenix5 comme source.
Odell Jones Jr
30. oktober 2020 | Version 1.5.0
Doesn't track stroke rate correctly. Also, heart rate is not even close. I am parking with Fenix 5X directly to PM5. Latest firmware. Please fix this
27. september 2020 | Version 1.5.0
Doesn’t transfer/save distance or min/500 m data and stroke count is highly inaccurate. Being this connects directly to your PM5, I expected more. Pairing with Forerunner 235.
22. september 2020 | Version 1.5.0
Since the app updated two versions ago it no longer correctly tracks heart rate. If I close the app my heart rate goes from 60 to 145 bpm. Not to mention it doesn't save my distance rowed.
7. august 2020 | Version 1.4.4
Pretty pointless app. Doesn't save meters or pace data in Connect; only time and strokes count. Also, since downloading this app, the ErgData app on my phone doesn't connect with my PM5. Maybe just a coincidence.
19. juli 2020 | Version 1.4.4
Die Anzahl der Schläge wird leider noch nicht erfasst. Könnte man noch verbessern...